Ladies, Why You Need to Read #GIRLBOSS
#GIRLBOSS, by Sophia Amoruso is without a doubt my new favorite book! So, here’s 5 reasons why every woman (from a millennial, to a boss babe mom, and even a baby boomer) needs to read #GIRLBOSS:
1. Crazy amounts of INSPIRATION. She writes the full blown truth of her crazy hitch hiking, shoplifting, and jobless days. Then, doesn’t forget the struggles for a second as she tells how Nasty Gal went from an eBay store to a $250-million-plus fashion retailer.
2. Sophia Amoruso, the founder of Nasty Gal and author of #GIRLBOSS shares priceless EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE. I am so glad I picked up this book. From getting hired, to running the show, and then doing the firing, this book tells how to do it all like a Girl Boss. Plus it’s full of wisdom from other chicks that are doing some pretty big things!
3. It’s full of BLUNT HUMOR AND WITTY TRUTH. If I had the time, I would’ve finished it in a day; such an easy read. I loved it!
4. #GIRLBOSS preaches ORIGINALITY. This book is not just for the aspiring business woman or a lady already in charge. If nothing else, read it to find yourself and be confident with who you are!
5. It’s full of MOTIVATION. Seriously. Whether you’re looking to make your ideas happen, want to be a bad ass at your current job, or you’re just trying to make it through college with a purpose, it’s perfect for all of the above.
P.S. A lot of motivation that helped make Wander With Grace happen came from #GIRLBOSS, y’all!
I’m not a read for fun, fantasy kind of girl. I never finished single a Harry Potter book, the Twilight series, or many of the books my friends were going nuts over as a kid. I actually thought I hated reading until I picked up a memoir and read every last page of it in high school.
When I saw the book #GIRLBOSS on the shelf in the Houston airport, I thought, alright let’s do this. I finally found the time to finish it and wow. Talk about a book that I NEED to read again, and again, and probably again.
I wouldn’t recoomend it if I didn’t absolutely love it! All you Girl Bosses out there, share with me any great books you’ve read recently. I need a killer follow up for February!!